Saturday, June 30, 2007

Only 5 More Days!

I'm getting more and more done in preparation for the trip. I bought some craft things for the women at Sisters of Charity. Sarah tells me that they have little to do so I thought I should take some things to help them occupy their time. I have two laundry baskets full of things I will take for the women and children. I will go to the Teachers' Store Monday for the last few things I will take from here. I will buy the rest of the things I need in Nairobi.

Yesterday I spent several hours with my four year old friend, Aiden. He had gathered together a child's backpack full of toys for me to take to the "children who don't have any toys." I cried. His parents, Jennifer and George, have been telling him about my trip and he has a world map on his table placemat and he could locate where "Miss Edna" was leaving from (mid-USA) and where she was going (Kenya). He is such a smart and kind little kid and his parents are doing such a wonderful job raising him and his little sister, Avery. Jennifer gave me a St. Christopher's metal to wear on my trip. I will wear it all the time.

I am wondering how I am going to move about the airport with my huge suitcases. Once I get them checked it should be okay but even getting them in from the car seems like a huge challenge as I think about it now. I plan to leave most of the clothes I take in Nairobi. That way I will have room for things I want to bring back.

Keep praying for me and my fellow travelers as well as for the Kenyans we will be working with.

No comments: