Saturday, June 9, 2007

My First Entry

This is my first entry. It is my very first blog. I have etablished this so that I can communicate with others about my upcoming trip to Kenya. I have lived such an incredibly blessed life that I have decided that it is time for me to start giving back more. This will be a move in that direction.

I will leave July 5 for a three week adventure with my friends from Soulfari Kenya. We will do volunteeer work with a Missionaries of Charity home for disabled and abandoned children and women. I expect to also do some work with the Autism Society of Kenya and the Autism Unit at City Primary School in Ngara.

I have completed all my shots and will start preparing to pack in the near future. Getting the shots made the trip a reality for me rather than just a dream of something that was going to happen in the future.

I met some of the other travelers at the Soulfari Kenya Launch Party on June 1. That helped to make it a reality as well. They seem like really cool people and I will enjoy spending time with them.

No comments: