Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I am getting more done...

Today I went to Borders and bought the newest Vanity Fair magazine that is devoted entirely to Africa and is edited by Bono. I've not had time to read much of it however. It looks great. I also used the gift card that I had been given by the family of one of the children I work with to buy flash cards to take with me.

I got the two big suitcases out of the storage unit today and have laid out some of the things that I plan to take. My friend, Barbara, is coming from Columbia for the weekend to help me pack.

I've been using this week to do major house reorganization before I leave. Reed will be moving to Springfield for the rest of the summer on Friday or Saturday so I am using him as much as possible until then. We have cleaned out the garage, I've cleaned out my closet, and he has detailed both my car and Kathryns. Tomorrow we will start on the storeroom. That will be a major ordeal but it must be done.

I've also done some more Africa preparation, though. Today I picked up my anti-malarial medication and the antibiotic that I will have available to take if I need it. I've been shopping for the over the counter meds and first aid stuff I'll need and trying to get my clothing prepared.

Sunday I got up my nerve and asked the good people of my congregation at First United Methodist Church of North Kansas City to pray for me and to provide some financial support for me to buy some of the supplies that I need to take to work with the children with autism in Nairobi. They were so very generous. And I am so grateful.

No comments: